Sunday, February 28, 2016

Visit Writing Center

Minseung Kim
2/27/2015
Ms. Guarino
English II (IS) - 2

 
Revise Essay in Writing Center
    When I went to writing center, I always felt not good, because I have to prepare to fix my most of paragraphs. I was very afraid every time to go to writing center. However for my better essay, I went to writing center to revise my essay. When I met Ms. Swift at first, I felt she is very strict and have many different creativity ideas, because she explained how to start essay.
    First, she talked about thesis statement. Thesis statement is one of start in essay and most important to write before organize essay, because thesis statement is one of argue inside of book, so this argue have to support with many example in the novel or film. However she talked about my thesis has little problem. She actually did not like my thesis, because of one of word selfish. However in my opinion word selfish is fine inside of my thesis, because I worked thesis for a while during class and during extra help time with teachers. Some of teachers told that my thesis and my argue direction is fine, but only Ms. Swift did not like my thesis. Therefore I did not fix my thesis in my essay.
    Second, she talked about summaries and analysis. Actually I knew about this before she told to me. In my essay there are too many specific summaries. However I did not put enough quotes and examples after write my argues and summaries. This was actually good point out. The sentences of quotes must support for my argues, but I did not put quotes after all of sentences. However Ms. Swift just want me to put quotes for support my argues. Also there are too many similar summaries in all of paragraphs, so she preferred to delete similar summaries and put more quotes and more analysis. Ms. Swift adviced many different specific plot, and her examples. Actually in my opinion she explained too much her own idea, but some of her advices were very helpful me to revise my essay.
    People can make many different mistakes with many problems. However we have to find mistakes and revise all to be perfect. It take a long time to find mistakes, and revise all of essay. I had too much similar summaries in each of paragraphs, so I could not put enough quotes and analysis. I learned that example of quotes are important to support my arguments. From now I am going to check my whole essay and check more mistakes, because I think, I might have more mistakes in my essay. Also I am going to add more quotes after summaries with my own opinions. I have to put more analysis too instead of similar summaries, and need to make perfect essay.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment